If you have these caring skills and energy to make that difference, we would like to hear from you.
Whether you have had some considerable experience delivering care or are new to care and think it might be the right vocation for you, we will provide you with the support and encouragement you need.We select staff based on caring skills, friendliness, professionalism and reliability.
We carefully screen applicants via The Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and the Barred Lists. We require two references, both of whom will be checked thoroughly.
During the period of induction, all staff are trained by our Nurse Trainer and shadow a senior team member.
Induction training conforms to nationally recognised standards and covers the following subjects:
- Code of conduct
- Anti Discriminatory Practice
- Disclosure of Abuse or Bad Practice
- Aims, Objectives & Philosophy of Care
- Service Specification
- Health and Safety
- Personal Care Tasks
- The Employee Information Binder
- Company Policies & Procedures
- Terms & Conditions of Service
- Fire procedure
- Manual Handling
- Food Hygiene
- First Aid Training
Netherclay House also trains staff using certificated external training courses on topics such as: Food Hygiene, Manual Handling, First Aid, Health & Safety, Care of the Elderly, Drug Administration etc.
We encourage professional development and finance all Care Staff to achieve qualifications suitable for their job role.
Our employment policy is is that we have 60% of care staff to be taking Diplomas in Care if they haven’t already achieved them.
Of course, experience in the care sector is an advantage, but we are looking for kind, considerate, caring people to join our team.
Why should you join us? What do we offer?
- Flexible approach to work, full, part time or weekend work.
- Excellent pay & conditions.
- Induction and ongoing training to Diploma level. Support provided by our in house trainer and external training providers.
- Opportunities for variety and career progression within an organisation delivering: General Nursing Care, Residential Care, Dementia Care & Support and Community Care.
- Care Assistants ~ 1-to-1 Care Assistants – Care Coordinators ~ Senior Care Assistants ~ Independ Learning Team Staff ~ Support workers ~ trainers ~ administrators
- Pleasant friendly staff
Phone or email if you want to talk to us about opportunities at Netherclay House: 01823 284127 firstname.lastname@example.org